“Abel became a herder of flocks, and Cain a tiller of the ground. In the course of time Cain brought an offering to the Lord from the fruit of the ground, while Abel, for his part, brought the fatty portion of the firstlings of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering.” (Genesis 4:3-4)
St. Philomena Parish Funds:
- Sunday Offering: Supports the operational expense of the church and supplements the expense of the school. This is like putting an envelope in the collection.
- Parish Endowment: Fund to offer future financial support of the parish.
- School Endowment: Fund that offers additional financial support of the school.
- Tuition Assistance: St. Philomena offers financial support to enrolled families in need of assistance with tuition.
- St. Vincent de Paul: Supports the St. Philomena chapter of the St. Vincent de Paul society. Funds are used to help those in need in our local community.
- Building Fund: Supports the upkeep and improvement of existing buildings on St. Philomena’s extensive campus.
- Holy Days: Supports the collections taken on days like All Saints and the Immaculate Conception
Diocesan-Wide Collections in Support of the Global Church:
- Aid to Eastern Europe Churches (Ash Wednesday)
- Catholic Relief Services (American Bishops Overseas Appeal) (4th Sunday in Lent)
- Holy Land (Good Friday)
- Peter’s Pence (Sunday nearest Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul)
- “Mission Sunday” Propagation of the Faith (Next to Last Sunday in October)
- Campaign for Human Development (Sunday before Thanksgiving)
- The Bishop’s Seminarian Appeal (November)
- Retirement Fund for Religious (2nd Sunday in December)
Financial Support of our parish by our parishioners is essential to our church. When you register you are given the choice to give via an envelope (weekly or monthly) by Electronic Fund Transfer, a gift that automatically comes from your bank, or by credit/debit card. If you have questions about giving, please contact the parish office or fill out the form below.
Use our Online Giving platform for a ‘one time’ gift or to set up a recurring gift. Click on the green DONATE button at the top of the page and you will be directed to our secure online giving platform for bank draft, credit and debit cards. This can also be used for memorial or honorarium gifts. If you wish to give by text, text the word Give to 309-243-4045.