“Abel became a herder of flocks, and Cain a tiller of the ground. In the course of time Cain brought an offering to the Lord from the fruit of the ground, while Abel, for his part, brought the fatty portion of the firstlings of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering.” (Genesis 4:3-4)
St. Philomena Parish Funds:
- Regular Giving: Supports the operational expense of the church and supplements the expense of the school.
- Tuition Assistance: St. Philomena offers financial support to enrolled families in need of assistance with tuition. This fund is approved by our Finance Council and is carefully managed each year as we meet the needs of our school.
- St. Vincent de Paul: Supports the St. Philomena chapter of the St. Vincent de Paul society. Funds are used to help those in need in our local community.
- Building Fund: Supports the upkeep and improvement of existing buildings on St. Philomena’s extensive campus.
- Living Our Faith, Building Our Future Capital Campaign: An extraordinary fund, created to allow parishioners to pledge their support to a capital campaign, which was approved by the Diocese to construct a new parish center as well as to repair and update existing buildings on our campus.
Diocesan-Wide Collections in Support of the Global Church:
- Aid to Eastern Europe Churches (Ash Wednesday)
- Catholic Relief Services (American Bishops Overseas Appeal) (4th Sunday in Lent)
- Holy Land (Good Friday)
- Peter’s Pence (Sunday nearest Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul)
- “Mission Sunday” Propagation of the Faith (Next to Last Sunday in October)
- Campaign for Human Development (Sunday before Thanksgiving)
- The Bishop’s Seminarian Appeal (November)
- Retirement Fund for Religious (2nd Sunday in December)
Financial Support of our parish by our parishioners is essential to our church. When you register you are given the choice to give via an envelope (weekly or monthly) or by Electronic Fund Transfer, a gift that automatically comes from your bank each week or once a month. If you have questions about giving, please contact the parish office.
If you would like to make a memorial gift, you are welcome use our Online Giving platform as well for a ‘one time’ gift. Please then follow up with an email to email@example.com to confirm the memorial information. If you have any questions, contact Rhonda Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-682-8642.
Interested in online giving? Click our Online Giving button and you will be directed to our secure online giving platform for credit and debit cards.