In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the Holy Spirit is bestowed on the faithful through the laying on of hands. It imprints a permanent spiritual mark on the Christian’s soul.
Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- Roots us more deeply in our relationship with God the Father
- Unites us more firmly to Jesus Christ
- Increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- Renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- Gives us special strength to confess the name of Christ boldly and never to be ashamed of the Cross.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit:
- Wisdom and Understanding
- Right Judgement and Courage
- Knowledge and Reverence
- Holy fear in God’s presence
For Adults, the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, RCIA, class serves as preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Students in our St. Philomena school and Sunday Faith Formation prepare in Eighth grade. If your child attends a school other than St. Philomena, see our Faith Formation page for more details on registration.